Google AdSense is the best way of earning money through advertisements on your blog or website, and it is also the most preferred method. The ads which are displayed are sponsored by Google. All you need to do is register with Google AdSense to get these ads on your website. One can get simple image ads as well as video enabled ads.
According to Wikipedia, “AdSense is an ad serving application run by Google Inc. Website owners can enroll in this program to enable text, image, and video advertisements on their websites. These advertisements are administered by Google and generate revenue on either a per-click or per-impression basis.”
One can earn money via two types of Payment Methods:
Cost per click- These ads helps you in earning money when users click on the ads displayed on your site. On every click you get certain specified amount which may vary accordingly.
Cost per Thousand Impression- here the earnings are generated as and when the ads come in front of people. Whenever the ad comes in front of the viewer while visiting your website, you earn certain revenue on it.
To make it more profitable for the users, Google has put up yet another feature, AdSense for Search. Once you put a custom search box on your website, you can add the feature here. Whenever people search something on your site, a list of ads appears on the search result page. So whenever someone clicks on these ads, you generate extra revenue.
With all these features and more, Google AdSense has become a much discussed topic. People have supported and criticised AdSense, without actually coming to a conclusion. Lets discuss some advantages and disadvantages of AdSense which will help you in understanding whether adsense is suitable for your website or not.
· Google AdSense is very easy to set up. With just a few formalities and once your application is approved, anyone can easily install AdSense on their website.
· One good thing is that google adsense is availabe free of cost.
· The ads are displayed according to the content. So all you have to do is write the articles and the ads related to the content will be displayed automatically.
· The best part about AdSense is that it doesnt interfere with the content. You can display ads in such a manner that the readers mind is not diverted to the ads.
· Google Adsense can be great if you have a niche blog. This enable you to earn more with more specified ads. Since the users will be more interested in ads related to the content they like to read.
· A good feature is that you can block the ads of your competitors. So if some ad appears on your website that you think is inappropriate or not of use to you, you can easily get it blocked.
· The percentage of payment is highest in adsense in comparison to other pay per click programs.
· AdSense increases the bounce rate of your website and reduces the average time spent by the user on your website. Since users click on ads and are diverted to other sites.
· This also leads to the users mind getting diverted, since they are paying more attention on the ads.
· You can earn good revenue only when you have good content. Untill and unless the content is good you will not be able to make full use of AdSense.
· Only people who get a lot of visitors on their site on a daily basis can earn through this. Others can will not benefit since the program works on pay per click. So the more the number of visitors, the more will be the clicks.
· Google Adsense has also been affected by Spam Ads, wherein people only create website to take advantage of adsense. Once you click on such ads, they will only divert you to sites that contain more links to other sites. Thus, it becomes very annoying.
· Also you are not paid for the search that is made through your website on Google.
· The two types of programs i.e. is the CPC and the CPM, clash with each other. If you chose CPC, then your visitors will see the same ads again and again, which will make them lose interest in the ads, and if your chose to rotate the ads then you will definately earn through CPM, but your revenue on pay per click will be lost.
You can easily download it and start using it once you understand how it affects your website.
Since it is the AdSense week on Loudable, we will be coming up with lots of articles on Adsense which will help you in using it to the fullest. So do follow up to read more articles.
Let us know if you think Adsense has any more advantages or disadvantages according to you, in the comments below.